Oliseh fears players may boycott World Cup, Nations Cup qualifiers


Coach returns to Belgium for medical check up<em
SUPER Eagles' Coach, Sunday Oliseh, is scared that Nigeria may not have its best players for the approaching World Cup and African Nations qualifiers, reports supersport.com.
Nigeria will meet Egypt in a back-to-back Gabon 2017 Nations Cup qualifier in Kaduna and Cairo in March.
But Oliseh feels that the way things are going some players might decide to boycott the games He revealed that a number of the Nigerian internationals have called him on telephone to ask for 'what they are being owed.'
"I only have one fear, and I will share it with you. It is that I just hope that the next time we send invitations out, that players won't start refusing to play for Nigeria. That is something that is scary but it is real. We have to start thinking because we're not going to work miracles anymore," said Oliseh.
"I'm just afraid that if we don't put our acts in order we might invite players for the next qualifications and may be some players (might not come); I'm afraid. Already I'm getting phone calls from them, they're still asking what they're being owed."
Oliseh took charge of his first international tournament at the African Nations Championship (Chan) in Rwanda, where Nigeria failed to qualify from the group stage.
The coach is expected to return to Belgium today for medical check up. He did not travel to Nigeria with the rest of the team who left Rwanda yesterday.
Oliseh told a local website yesterday that "I will be heading back to Belgium where I will have a medical check-up.
"I can't confirm when I will be back in Nigeria, but that will surely be before our next qualifiers against Egypt."

Comments